Friday, June 08, 2007

Kara & Aaron








Kara actually started to work for me in the early summer last year, and in another month we'll have the honor of shooting her wedding.
You can attribute quite a bit of the work done around here this week to her... as I've been flying below, or off the radar, building a fence for the new studio with a friend. Even had a woman stop and ask for a quote last night as I was putting away the tools. :) (p.s. I'm no carpenter, self-admitted, so it's Torrey Babb's workmanship that you're seeing when you look at my fence. I was just the gofer)

Aaron has also played a big part since we've opened the new studio. He knows just about everything and anything when it comes to computers and networking, and he setup practically all of the communications and storage system that we use for our client images...so you, most of you, have him to thank for anything that runs smoothly in that department.

I just take the pictures. :)

We had a great time, even though this was the first ever shoot I had to reschedule on account of gnats. The hungry buggers hatched just before our outdoor session, and I think they had a record-breaking, banner year, because we couldn't stand outside for more than a few seconds without running for cover. Interestingly enough, one of my favorite shots of these two is from that day, about 3 seconds before we were mobbed by about a hundred of those little pests and had to flee, yes, flee the area. I still shiver thinking about it.

Seriously though, put these two together and great things will happen, for 1 reason. God is onboard. And with Christ in the driver's seat...well, put your seatbelt on. :) I can't say nothing could go wrong, because anything could happen. With Him, there's an outside sliver of hope that life might be a breeze, but the truth of it is, I think sometimes God likes to drive like me, and if you ask my kids, that can be a very interesting experience. I'm thinking lately that God has a thing for hairpin turns, brakes, throttles, and wheelies, sometimes all at once :) Sure, He's not like that all the time... But there are days that I've found that He's very General Lee... very back-roads, Dukes of Hazard.
How's this? Life will be interesting, exhilirating, breathtaking, and teeth-clinching. You'll be left wide-eyed and bushy-tailed, but if He's really in charge and at the wheel, you'll have the ride of your life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home