Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Pretty in Pink


Danielle stopped in for her final consult today before her wedding.
She's usually a very faithful blog reader, but isn't caught up lately because the love of her life, Neemah, is finally back in town, and they are finishing up with the last minute details.
I had my son and daughter at the studio today when she stopped in, and I couldn't resist a picture of Danielle with my Abby.
See, Danielle is very much how I picture Abby when she's all grown up.
Sweet, strikingly beautiful, soft-hearted, and at the same time, she can change the oil in the car, fix a flat or, according to Neemah, throw a punch faster and better than either of us. And yet, as you can see by the picture, they both share a serious obsession with all girl-things pink (note Danielle's tiny purse, Abby's shoes, Danielle's shirt, Abby's hat, Danielle's cell phone, Abby's pants... :) I love it.
Danielle is very passionate about the arts, and Abby has that same passion running through her veins. In fact, she had to perform a new, original dance for Neemah and Danielle while they were here. She's still getting her balance and right now she falls when she tries her triple-spin, but you just wait...Someday, just like Danielle with her violin, people will come to see her on the stage.

2 Comments:

Blogger KLBILL52 said...

Pretty in pink is SO true! The camera loves Abby (and Danielle too, I might add!) Abby is a trooper, but she is/can be a "girly-girl" to the max.

Love her lots -

G'ma K

3:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've done the same thing! When I was quite pregnant with Jalynn we stopped at Cold Stone (pregant women and ice cream go hand-in-hand, no doubt). The place was very busy. In the midst of it all, there was one sweet high school aged girl working dilligently. She was aware of the growing line of customers yet she wasn't frazzled by it. She simply kept serving ice cream, making small talk with the customers, and smiling. She was the vision of the teenage girl I wanted my daughter to become.

I stared at the poor girl for way too long, only to realize she was the daughter of one of my mother's close friends. We'd fallen out of touch since my mother's passing but it was her daughter without a doubt. God had linked my past to my future in a brief visit to an ice cream parlor. Isn't that just like Him?

I'd say Abby has a great start to being an amazing woman of God. Hopefully Jalynn does as well...

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home