Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Determination








When the grass was tall a week ago my boy just casually told his mom that he'd mow, as if it were something he's done all his years, like eating cereal. Well, she thought he was joking until he made it abundantly clear that he was a big boy, and something as simple as mowing the lawn was nothing a boy his size couldn't handle. She took him up on it, and now he's mowed the lawn two times.

Yesterday was the first time he's mowed the front AND the back, and I have to say, I was impressed. With his every muscle and umph heaving and guiding that mower like some kind of heat-seeking missile, I saw real determination and effort, and in the end, a job well done.

2 Comments:

Blogger KLBILL52 said...

What determination! I see the same mixture of pride, work ethic and wanting to do a good job in Logan's Mom & Dad. Attention to detail... that's CHARACTER - I am so proud of the young man Logan is growing into...

Love you - Gma K

11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! I can't believe the "little man" I met at the tender age of three is old enough to mow the lawn. I swear time goes faster the older I get! Good job, Logan!

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home