Sunday, July 19, 2009

Fire Breathing Dragons

It was the strangest sound to ever wake me from a sleep in my life. Some kind of Darth Vader, fire breathing dragon kind of sound, and it was loud and close. At 6:30 this morning I opened my eyes and just tried to get my bearings, trying to figure out what in the world was about to eat me. Then I opened the window, and there they were, so close it felt like I could reach out and touch them. They'd lifted on from the valley just below us and the wind had drifted them right to us.
If we'd been camping in the mountains and heard this sound while in a deep sleep, I would have needed a new pair of underwear and a new heart to go with them, because I would have thought for sure we were some old grizzly-bear's breakfast. :)



The puppy was scared to death thinking we were under some kind of attack, but it was worth shaking everyone awake to look at them. They were much further away by the time I got out the camera, but you can still get the idea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home