Sunday, December 11, 2005

The Ericksons




The Ericksons are new clients for us. It's always great to photograph new families, because it's actually kind of exciting to see the different dynamics. The first shoot is always a little touch-n-go, especially with the littlest ones, because they have to decide whether or not everything is "as it should be" in our little world. Big, bright lights, a funny looking guy with a camera that is clicking away, big pieces of paper that are just dying to be colored on (backdrops)... c'mon, these are not your ordinary things to explore. :)
As soon as we get beyond that, it's fun to watch them start to warm up.
Alison was a very happy little girl, by my first impression, and little Connor was a spitfire. All boy, very much into the exploring stage of life. Zach, on the other hand, was soft-spoken and fun-loving, even a little shy to start. I helped him clean his glasses up a little before the shoot, and it made me laugh. When I was his age I couldn't stand to wear glasses, and they were always dirty and smudged with finger prints or something, peanut butter, jelly? I remember I could barely ever see through them, and I was out of place with wearing them. Zach reminded me of myself then. A little unsure, a little unsettled, but ready to become somebody. Of course, destined for some form of greatness, to change the world as we know it. :)
Jennifer (mom) was the glue that held them all together for this first shoot. She seemed to definitely have things under control. Jason (dad)is a local financial advisor, native to Sioux Falls, and he seems like a pretty nice guy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home