Thursday, September 21, 2006

Imaginations....

I had this imagination in my mind this morning...
Care to take a sidebar with me, apart from the regular blogging? It's just my imagination... how bad could it be? ;) Yes, you'll actually have to read a little, no pictures...sorry. :(

We're in a dark arena, pitch black and smoke filled.
There are dancing images of spirits in fantastic red and orange hues, like the colors of the sun just before it sets. They are there, swirling around in the arena by the hundreds, yet they give off no real illumination. They are dark and fast, and the only sounds they make are whispers. You can feel them moving by the winds they stir, and they are accord with one another, it's just something you can sense. They have a battle plan, and it is being executed systematically.

Suddenly from the center of the arena there is this streak of light that pierces through the dark, reaching high up into the sky above the stands, and then this amazing sound like a lightning strike. All the winds and the whispering are instantly hushed, and wherever the light slices through the darkness, there is only this magnificent column of brightness. No dark, no spirits, just this still, white light, knifing a path through the blackness as it flashes around. It is a kind of search light, able to stretch for what seems like miles. The sound it makes as it slices through the sky are like that of rumbling thunder.

In the blink of an eye there is a spotlight of the center stage, and a little boy, about my sons age, stands there with an open bible in his hand, and a flashlight, and he reads... "'Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.' Psalm 119, verse 105..."
"Hmmm...so God is like my flashlight." He says. "Cool."
With a smile he clicks the flashlight on and off a few times, while this giant searchlight of a light flashes on and off in perfect synchronization, into the darkness and acrossed the sky. He turns and walks off the stage, this amazing brightness lighting his path as the scene fades.

Wouldn't that be cool to make a video out of that?
Wish there was someone out there had the abilities to produce that.
It reminded me of when I was a young boy in the mountains back home, and my brother and I would stand over the campfire late at night with our flashlights pointed into the smoke and floating embers, dueling as if we had light sabers in our hands...in perfectly timed slow-motion of course, to add dramatic effect. :)

My mom sent me this link the other day, to a short video that really made me think about priorities... see what you think?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you weren't such a great photographer, I'd suggest a career in literature! Maybe I'll suggest it anyway :)

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home