Friday, November 05, 2010

Copyright Changes

Due to a result in increased image theft, we are forced to move to a different type of watermarking to protect our business and the way I provide for my family.

Unfortunately, most people don't realize that when they copy our images and don't pay for them, that really all they are doing is putting our studio out of business and taking food off of my family's table.  The problem? It's just too simple for people to click and save in the privacy of their home and not feel the moral implication.  

I've never been a fan of tacking my name to my work, because I believe in the inherent goodness in people, and I'd rather let the images be displayed the way I intended them to be. But, I'd never walk into the grocery store, grab a gallon of milk, and just walk out the door either.  It's a bit sad to have to take this course, but apparently it has become necessary.

Going forward from today, all images not purchased will have a watermark similar to the image below. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home