Thursday, July 22, 2010

Sprout the Fairy

So Sprout the Fairy stopped in the other day, and began getting into her character.  Wings, boots, leafed crown, feathers, flute, and all.  But there was still a touch missing.  It was on her arms and face that we just needed to take things up a notch, to make her more believable as a true Woodland Fairy.

This one definitely goes in the books as one of my favorite shoots.... wanna know the secret?
Body-painting.  Yep.  First time in my life I've ever had the chance to actually draw on someone, and it was alot of fun.  Granted, I'm not a pro with all the different makeup, we were just using crayola washable markers (from my kids' collection) and different eyeliner pencils, but wow.  It was like taking years of a 2 dimensional artistry with Photoshop and making it real world.  Something about the body as a canvas was really inspiring to me.
I think another reason I really enjoyed this session was the fact that we were dealing with the world of make-believe.  I could let go with colors, with creating fairy dust, with making the world around Sprout this canvas of an almost surreal dream.  I was allowed to break all of my own rules in regards to what's natural and what's over the top, because in this case I wanted to stay on the outside of reality looking in.  

Sprout the Fairy may be bookable soon for a childrens party near you.  She's just now getting her wings....no really, literally, so look for her soon as she develops her niche.    www.sproutthefairy.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home