Monday, January 19, 2009

The Birth of a Family...

Kari always used to say that seeing a man and a woman exchange their vows on their wedding day was like witnessing the birth of a family. To most people, that probably sounds a little corny, until you see it from our end of the camera. The bride and groom become Daddy and Mommy, and we love it when we get to photograph the new chapters as the stories unfold.

The first session we ever had with Monica and Ryan was in the Fall of 2006. They were engaged to be married and very much in love. Monica was this gentle young lady who was absolutely sure about what she wanted, and Ryan was quiet and very soft spoken. I remember it was a snowy, cold day, but Monica had her mind set on pictures at the Falls, and being full of life, she was all for the challenge. Out we went for pictures and we had a great time.







We got to shoot their wedding in the summer of 2007, and it was fun to see their personalities come out on their wedding day. Ryan was late and yet very focused on the details, and Monica was this picture of quiet strength, waiting at the window for a glimpse of her guy. I still remember how stunning she looked in the sunlight. Steady and sure, with smiles always growing at the corners of her mouth.






In the Fall of 2008 we got the call from Monica for maternity pictures, and we were very excited. Ryan came along and loved on his wife, and from the start, the two had their minds not on themselves, but on the child inside. The makings of a good mom and dad, already planning for baby.







And now here we are in 2009 and introducing Miss Danielle. And I have to tell you I have never seen a 3-month-old baby so focused and so strong.
I'll be honest. She's ruined me.






Before Danielle I could tell you I'm perfectly content with my boy and my girl. I mean, they are out of diapers and they're both at such fun ages. After Danielle...suddenly I'm not so sure. She's able to lift her head not only to study me through the lens, but to smile and giggle and make a hundred beautiful faces with a few silly ones in between. She locks onto your eyes with hers, raises her eyebrows and smiles, and she naturally commands your complete attention. She's a little bit of her mom and a little bit of her dad, with all their best qualities. Quiet, calm, strong, gentle, confident, full of life and always ready to smile.

And that's the birth of a family.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi. This is a beautiful story. I find that you have captured these two (now three) people in an honest and very creative way. Pictures do tell the story and yours prove it!
From a loving Aunt and Uncle and cousin
Mike, Becky and Emily Lawrence

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home