Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Childlike Faith

We've been burning the candles at both ends to catch up after Lifelight this year.
I wanted to post a few images here from the festival for you all to see. There were some special moments, and my hope is that they were captured in the images, so that when you look at them you can maybe see what I saw, a glimpse of the face of Christ.
I witnessed a young woman who seemed alone in a crowd of a hundred thousand people, having a conversation in her heart between her soul and her Creator...


I saw a little girl in wonder. In her daddy's arms, with her own arm reaching up to heaven...


I watched a man get on stage and sing his heart out, offering praise to Jesus in front of a sea of golden faces, with the shadow of the cross casting down upon them...



A little boy had a servants heart, helping his mom and dad with the chair since they had their hands full with the baby...


This man with his shirt spoke one of the most profound statements I've ever seen about abortion...


This young couple's hands, embracing the child inside, spoke volumes more...

People, from the grown-ups to the kids, lifted their hands as high as they could stretch them to somehow bridge that gap between the idea of Today and the reality of Eternity...


One of the singers finished his concert by speaking to the crowd about hunger, handing out packets from Food For the Hungry, each one filled with information on a little boy or girl in need. I watched a regular Joe take one of those packets and beginning learning about the little girl he was going to sponsor, and I saw compassion...





There were folks from all strokes. Some just having fun, some searching, some unsure of what they believed, some even itching for a fight. But in the end, there were only two kinds. Some lost, some found...


And you can call me crazy, write it off to an over-stimulated imagination that I've had since I was a little boy, but I see something in the clouds...



And these were my favorite. It's a story of life to me. In the world, among the hum-drum of a carnival-like atmosphere, we're a hurried people with no time for the Cross. Some not caring, some too busy, some driven by our careers, others just watching as spectators...and then there are the children. Represented to me by this little boy, literally clinging to the Cross.
This is to me a snapshot of the faith.


And when I see this little boy, holding on for all he's worth, I think if only each and every one of us, myself included, could be just like him...

2 Comments:

Blogger Kristen McMartin said...

Dan, these are amazing. Thank you for sharing, Kristen

8:46 PM  
Blogger Laura E said...

These are beautiful images of a beautiful event. Every year I go, I think it won't affect me as much. But there's something about worshipping with tens of thousands of Christians in the same place that just gets me every time. I love the picture of the boy clinging to the cross. Thank you for posting these pictures for us to see!

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home