Friday, August 08, 2008

Donna & Eric





We had the opportunity to shoot another sibling wedding recently. We first met the Vanderhoff family back when we shot Elizabeth's wedding, so seeing all the familiar faces was a blessing. Donna and Eric are very much in love, and it's so honestly simple to see it in the pictures. They way they hold one another, the little quirks and faces they have for eachother, the smiles that are so completely genuine and fun-loving.
To give you an idea of how thoughtful this family is, in the first moments Donna's mom walked into the church, she walked straight up to me with 'an early gift' from her to me. It was a canister filled to the brim with homemade mints of every variety and sort. :)


She remembered from Elizabeth's wedding that I have a soft spot in my heart for these tasty little treats, and for those of you who don't already know, I will scout for them at every reception. It's actually one of those little quirks I have of my own, how quickly I can land at the reception to see if there's any homemade mints. I even take pictures of plates full of them, usually with one mint curiously missing from the arrangement. ;)

The rest of the day was like being with old friends, and it always feels so much more inclusive, as if we really are one of the guests who just happen to have cameras hanging every which way off of our necks.





Donna's dad is a fireman, so we got to take some fun pictures on Engine 163. Donna and Eric even made Kari and I get up into the firetruck while Elizabeth snapped off a few pictures.

It was a 4 alarm bell once we started kissing, and we were swarmed by fireman and hoses... just kidding.





Then it was off to a night of dancing. Everyone had a warm evening of fellowship, and it was a great wedding day.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two of a kind we are! I LOVE WEDDING MINTS. Love them. I too scope them out immediately and snatch as many as I think I can take without looking too conspicuous.

I had the privilege of helping to make mints for my sister's wedding. I was devastated when there was mint dough (Is that the right word?) leftover. I found myself eating it, with a spoon, straight out of the Rubbermaid container. Maybe I shouldn't be confessing that on the World Wide Web =)

Love the pictures of you and Kari. It's nice to see your smiling faces, among all your clients, from time to time.

Blessings~

8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home