Monday, December 04, 2006

His Words

My cousin wrote me a letter the other day, telling me that the scripture on this site had spoken to her and encouraged her, as this has been a hard time in her life. Gods words, written thousands of years ago, and yet they speak to us. Here. Today. What she read was in effect exactly what she needed to hear.

I can't tell you how many times in my life that His words have spoken to me, at just that right moment.

Today is one of those days. I know it's hard to convey, but taking this leap to build the studio, taking on employees, incorporating, while a blessing, has been hard on my family. Some days it's just easier to not see the forest for the trees, and we need God to remind us just what we are here for.
My mom sent me an excerpt from a sermon today. It's His word, and it was, exactly, what I needed to hear. There is so much truth, so much comfort, I'd be a fool not to share:


'I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned
the secret of living in every situation,
whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little.”
Philippians 4:12 NLT

The Apostle Paul got it right. He had learned the secret of contentment.
Earlier in his letter (Philippians 4:6, 7) he laid it out for the people.

“Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. If you do this, you will experience God’s peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand.”

Heavenly Father, I remember the old saying that guilt is concerned with the past, and worry is concerned about the future, but contentment enjoys the present. Teach me how to enjoy the present to the full. I get tangled up when I try to correct the past, and I am frustrated when I try to take care of tomorrow’s problems today. Keep me focused on what I can handle today. I know that will lead me to your peace, for which I thank you in advance.
Amen.'

This was written on the floor of our church when it was first built. It's truth will outlast us all...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home